How is Chat organised?
Chat is organised into Forums. You can’t add a Forum but please contact Never Mind with any suggestions you have for a new Forum
Each Forum has one or more Topics. To see all Topics within a Forum click on the Forum name.
Click on a Topic to see all the discussion (Posts) on that Topic. You can add your own post to any of the discussions that are still live
You can add a new Topic if you want. Add the Topic title (maximum length 80 characters so keep it crisp) and, in the Topic description field, write the first post (you’ll get an error message if you leave this field blank). You’re off and running!
You can add any Topic to your favourites in the same way that you would bookmark web pages in your web browser. You can also subscribe to any Topic. This gives you the option of getting notified via email when another user posts to that Topic.
Click on View Your Profile to see lists of Topics you’ve subscribed to, and any favourites you’ve created
Never Mind wants you to have maximum freedom to say what you want. We don’t want to be policing the Forums day and night. Having said that, here are some sensible guidelines which we expect everyone to follow:
- Don’t use abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws
- Don’t initiate or engage in flame wars
- Don’t continually post duplicate messages or topics
- Be civil when posting topics or comments. For example, constructive criticism is good, but name-calling is bad
- Keep posts on topic
- Try to keep posts within their proper topics
If you have any problems Chatting, technical or otherwise, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org