With temperatures currently so low in the evenings, the only real substance (other than Anna’s amazing winter food) which I find warms me up is a great glass of red wine. There is nothing quite like a South African Bordeaux-style red blend.
Got something interesting to say? Informative? Thought provoking? Funny? Don’t keep it to yourself – join Never Mind The Bus Pass’ Blog Roll and let the world know what you’re thinking. Join here
Before we jump into Tip # 11, refresh your last summer lessons- the Top Ten “How to have a Great Vacation in the French Countryside.” http://kitchen-at-camont.com/2013/06/17/47-tips-vacation-french-countryside/ and then http://kitchen-at-c
Synopsis: Lucky Bastard is a “found footage” thriller about a porn website that invites fans to have sex with porn stars. Well to start things out, this
This week is Carers Week – a time to celebrate the contribution of the 6.5 million unpaid carers in the UK. It is also the moment when several charities, including Age UK, come together to call for better support for … Continue reading
Alastair Humphreys was honored as one of our Adventurers of the Year. He has just published a book called Microadventures. As a young man, I was ambitious. I didn’t want to be rich or famous. But I wanted to go far. As far as I could go. So far, in fact, that when I climbed onto
“Everest is a shit show,” said Aaron Huey, a National Geographic photographer who is currently documenting the culture of Sherpa guides. Ten years or more ago, I mused, that pronouncement would have stirred up protestations, or at least murmurs. But this May, the Friday morning crowd, coffee mugs in hand, spilling well out the doorway
The European Court has ruled on a challenge brought by Elaine McDonald, a user of social care services in Kensington and Chelsea, regarding reductions to her care package which amounted to a denial of dignity. This ruling is the final … Continue
So, Tapenade, huh?First things first. It’s ‘tap-uh-naad’ not ‘tape-nade’ nor “tap-and-aid”. Please don’t ever call it tape-nade or tap-and-aid in public; especially in one of those upmarket delis where the staff feel compelled to correc
- Apos therapy - can it save your knees?
- Eating and exercise
- Your pension - did you have Protected Rights?
- Album of the week : O' Be Joyful - Shovels & Rope
- Book of the week : The Daughters Of Mars - Thomas Keneally
- Get back money you'd forgotten you had!
- Should I put my home in trust to avoid care fees?
- Classic Album covers : Rumours - Fleetwood Mac
- Over 50s not being savvy with credit card deals
- Surprising superfoods : Popcorn
- Hi-Tec Footwear, a Great Choice for the Adventurous Traveler
- Relaxation in the Heart of Hong Kong?
- Why I haven’t been blogging much
- Sunday links: intellectually curious
- Top clicks this week on Abnormal Returns
- Sunday Selection
- Taking in Luxury, Food & Fun in Aruba
- Cruise Your Way Through the Sea of Cortez
- How To Spend Money So It Brings You More Wellbeing
- More Last-Minute Flash Sale Offerings: Viking River Cruises